Ask a Dentist   »  

Necklace slam into tooth and tooth feels warm. Worried

hello doctor

I really care for my teeth; and today when I was jumping around and having fun; my necklace slam into my left front tooth;; it sounded really hard because it''s metal necklace; but the tooth didn't break and I don't feel any pain either and no blood. But maybe the tooth seemed a little warm after;;
I just wanted to know; if I have anything to worry about;; -- ( because maybe teeth are this strong; i don't know ? )

i added a picture of my tooth after the slam; and one photo of my necklace

Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda 8 hours later
Hello ,
Thanks for writing to us,
I will be glad to answer your query.

First of all, thank you for sharing your pictures with us,
After carefully examining the pictures and reading through your query I would like you to know that there is nothing wrong with your tooth.
It seems perfectly healthy.
In fact, sometimes sudden trauma to the tooth can cause temporary inflammation of the surrounding tissues, but in your case I could not see any such changes, therefore you need not worry.
But if you feel pain or swelling, then warm saline rinses can be performed (3-4 times/day) to relieve symptoms.
The trauma from the metal chain was not at all hard to affect the tooth or its tissues.

I hope this answer was useful.

If you have any further queries feel free to write back to us.
I wish you good health.