Neck pain, shoulder burning, history of migraine, painkiller no longer effective

I have a history of Migraines. My neck has been hurting off and on for sometime now. The neck pain is getting worse and making a burning feeling going down into the shoulder and shoulder bone. My migraines which were under control by taking a simple little pill maybe once every two weeks. I am now needing to take 2 pills at a time a few times a week. When I do take the migraine meds it just takes the edge off and no longer gets rid of the migraine. Also if you lightly push on the bone in the neck it hurts on just one place. The burn that goes into the shoulder is getting worse.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 44 minutes later

Thanks for posting the question.

Your migraine has no connection with your cervical pain
Your cervical pain may be due to some injury or neck sprain or may be due to cervical spondylitis
Consult your doctor and get a MRI(Magnetic resonance imaging ) cervical spine done
Since you are allergic to NSAIDs (Pain killers) you can do local hot fomentation or take ultrasonic heat on your neck.
Once you are relieved of pain,you can do neck exercises.

I hope to have answered your query
Please come up with followups if any.
Thanks and best of luck