Neck and shoulder pain, loss of strength in hands, pain under ribs, chest pressure, ear pain. Earlier had vomiting. Reason?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have been getting pain in my neck and shoulders lately? loss of strength in my hands is quite noticeable and most annoying. About 4 weeks ago I had a bad attack of vomiting that lasted 14 hours, I havn't quite been the same since. suspected food poisoning... from time to time I experience pain on my right side just under ribs, a cramp like pain. I am booked in for an ultrasound of the gall bladder in 2 weeks. I have also noticed a change in bladder and bowel habits?. Amalgam fillings. I have 11, discussed with my doctor and dentist but am told "its rubbish" about heavy metal poisoning?. I am female 52 healthy weight all my life. Two sons now 16 and 20 both very big babies, I am quite small, weighing 55 kilos, 5ft 3 and a half inches tall. In the morning in particular upon waking I feel quite heavy in the chest, some kind of pressure on the right side of the chest? and an annoying ear ache that comes and goes in the right ear. I am a non smoker, experience strong sensitivity to chemicals. But I like makeup and wear it everyday. Also forgot to say, wake up about 5 am most days lately feeling very hot, think iv'e already gone through the change. Was told when I was in hospital with the vomiting thing I had an infection, took urine sample but no medication was given, take somac for reflux but still get a burny belly.
Posted Fri, 9 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 59 minutes later
The pain in neck and shoulders with loss of strength in the arms is likely to be related to cervical spondylosis and a cervical spine.
These symptoms are not likely to be due to heavy metal poisoning. The heaviness in the chest and pain on the right side can be related to stress and anxiety. However it is best to rule out gall stones after an ultrasound examination.
Right now you can get some mild pain killers and muscle relaxants prescribed form your physician. Do a hot fomentation in the area of pain and avoid using a pillow.
You can also start with neck strengthening exercises and relaxation techniques like Yoga and deep breathing to take care of your symptoms.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.