Nausea,light headed,not pregnant.Symptoms of heart attack or celiac disease ?

I am a 45-year-old woman. I try to exercise 1 or 2 times per week, don't smoke or drink, do not have diabetes, and am not overweight. I have been feeling nauseas all day for the last 2 days and a bit lightheaded off and on. I read a study that says that women's heart attack symptoms are subtle and often appear to be indigestion. Am I having a heart attack? Or could this be a sign of celiace disease? I do eat oat meal every day, sometimes for lunch as well as breakfast. I am definitely not pregnant. Please advise. Thank you!
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 4 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.

I have to say the most likely cause of the symptoms you are experiencing has something to do with irritation of the stomach lining or gastritis. This is sometimes also associated with acid reflux. A number of things can sometimes trigger gastritis and occasionally people may develop an ulcer. This is commonly associated with nausea and sometimes abdominal pain. I am not concerned that this is cardiac or celiac disease.

I recommend you go to your local pharmacy and pick up some Imelda ole which comes in 20 mg tablets. Start taking this twice a day for 7 days and then once per day for 21 days. I am confident that by the end of that period of time your symptoms will improve or resolve.

Otherwise keep up with the diet and exercise. This lifestyle modification will keep you healthy for many many years.

Thanks again for the query. I hope my response will serve to be adequate and helpful. If you hav additional concerns I am here for you.

Dr. Galamaga