Nausea, upper abdomen pain and clay colored tools after having chills. Visit the doctor after it has left?

Infertility Specialist
I had 2 days chills fever followed by 3 days nausea vague upper abdomen pain and clay colored stools. Now its gone. Do i need to follow up with doc
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

I understand your concern. Sometimes the minor infections result in fever. Fever is a form of defence of the body. Sometimes the fever is associated with chills and stool discoloration if the infection is of gastrointestinal tract.

Since you are fine now, I suggest you donot worry about it any more and no need to visit a doctor. You please drink lot of water, take healthy food and rest for one or two days. This will bring help in your early recovery of anymore minor symptoms left.

Let me reassure you again that you donot need to visit doctor as you are recovering

Hope I answered your query. I will be happy to answer any followup queries you have.

Wishing you good health

Follow-up: Nausea, upper abdomen pain and clay colored tools after having chills. Visit the doctor after it has left? 5 hours later
Could this have bee gall bladder infection that can tecur? What can prevent recurrence. Should i be worried Re: the receent positive XXXXXXX Can lupus trigger gall bladder problems?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 25 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.
I would like to reassure you that you are not suffering from a recurrent gall bladder infection. There is no need to worry as you are well on your way to recovery.
You have suffered from a simple intestinal infection which is extremely common. Patients recover in a matter of days and do not have any complications.
Further, lupus can trigger inflammation of gall bladder. However, this is a very serious condition and is seen in seriously ill patients. So you can be rest assured that you don’t have this condition.
Hope this helps.
I will be happy to answer any follow up queries you have. Please close this discussion if you have no more queries.