Nausea, gastric reflux, pain in arms and legs. History of heart attack. On beta blocker, ACE inhibitor. Advice?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I often feel slight nausea, lightheaded, gastric reflux, pins and needles in arms and legs ( I do spend a lot of time at the computer, but it can happen elsewhere). This is accompanied by the reflex of a short strong breath, as if I'm blowing away the discomfort and clearing my head, which also feels foggy.
I'm a slim, fit 71, with a ten-year-old heart attack, am on betablocker and ACE inhibitor, Crestor, aspirin. My health otherwise has always been good. BP always around 120/60-65
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Your symptoms could be due to nerve compression caused by age related degenerative changes in the spine like spondylosis or a wrong sitting posture.
An MRI of the spine both cervical and lumbar spine will help in finding out the organic cause.
I encourage you to consult your Orthopedician for proper physical examination and necessary investigations. Meanwhile avoiding pillow at night and improvising your posture will help you.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.