Ask a Dentist   »  

My teeth is yelloish in colour. What should i do to make it white and shiny?

my teeth's are little yelloish in colour, what should i do to make it white and shiny, please advice.
Posted Thu, 23 Aug 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 8 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Your teeth can be naturally yellowish, or yellowness can be due to poor oral hygiene or due to your food habits.

The most common cause of yellowish teeth and other tooth problems is poor oral hygiene.

If oral hygiene is not poor, then cause can be color imparting food and beverages consumed by us.

You should brush your teeth after meal and before going to bed.

You can brush your teeth after consuming color imparting substance like tea/coffee and sodas.

You can use tooth whitening toothpastes.

You can chew sugarless whitening gums.

If there is no improvement, please contact a Dentist for in office tooth bleaching. You can discuss about Dental Veneers also with him.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,