My diagnosis is C2,3,4 no longer have a disk. C5

Neurologist
Question
My diagnosis is C2,3,4 no longer have a disk. C5 is partially over the spinal cord. Will my condition
become worse
Email YYYY@YYYY

Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2017 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Olsi Taka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is well possible.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to HealthcareMagic!

I am not sure what you mean by C2,3,4 no longer having a disk, do you mean that you have had a fusion procedure involving those levels or that the disks have undergone advanced degenerative changes? Perhaps if you could upload the imaging report might be even better.

Anyway it is obvious that you have chronic degenerative changes of your spine. Unfortunately these changes advance with aging. Procedures like fusion may help temporarily for the levels they include but by reducing mobility they may put other levels under an increased load and accelerate their degenerative changes. So I am afraid that it is well possible for your condition to become worse, if the C5 disk compresses the spinal cord surgery may become necessary.

I remain at your disposal for other questions.