My daughter who is 24 years old was prescribed Ceephalexin

Question
My daughter who is 24 years old was prescribed Ceephalexin (500mg) and took 3 doses each 2 hours apart. She was supposed to take it 3 times a day. Should I be concerned?
Posted Fri, 1 Dec 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
How many tablets in all did she take? 6tablets?

Detailed Answer:

The daily maximum dose is 4grams (8tablets of 500mg ). If she took 6 in all already, discontinue this and consult with her doctor. I will normally only resume after 24hours and will recommend that you personally supervise further administration.

If she has taken more than 8tablets, I recommend immediate ER visit.

I hope this guides and helps. I wish you well. feel free to follow up with me if need be.

Follow-up: My daughter who is 24 years old was prescribed Ceephalexin 39 minutes later
She took 3 tablets total

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
She will be fine!

Detailed Answer:

She will be fine. There is no reason to bother as she os well within the daily maximum range.

I wish her well and keep me updated about her status.