My blood pressure was up from 110 to 140 and

Question
My blood pressure was up from 110 to 140 and 142 systolic at appt 11/6 and a week before. I am experiencing pounding/blood rushing in head. Kind of lightheaded off and on today. Weight is 115. Seems worse when I lie down. Am in good health. This isn't migraine. Been taking protonix 1 week
Posted Sun, 3 Dec 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Check BP while sitting, standing and lying

Detailed Answer:

You seem to have postural variation of the Blood pressure. Kindly check the BP while sitting, standing and lying and if the difference is over 20mm there can be postural variation and symptoms.
140 is not high to be serious or worrisome. But sudden fluctuations should be investigated further.
ECG, CT brain, Kidney functions, blood sugar and hormones are evaluated to find out the reason for fluctuations greater than 30mm Hg.
Protonix is just acid regulator and has minimal role in the symptoms that you have.