My blood pressure reading is 200/103. Should I go to emergency room?

Question
my blood PRESSURE HAS BEEN HIGH. NOW IT IS 200/103. DO I NEED TOGOTO THE HOSPITAL?
Posted Sat, 24 Nov 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
Yes you should go to hospital as soon as possible because you are having Accelerated hypertension, a BP of this range can cause myocardial ischemia/infarction, left ventricular failure and pulmonary edema leading to respiratory failure, cerebrovascular accidents etc to name a few.
If you are on some BP medicines and have skipped then take it stat and then go to ER.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!