Must do a routine TB screen. Okay to do mantoux on someone with g6pd?

hi im school nurse is it ok to do a mantoux on someone with g6pd? we have new student from Ghana and want to do a routine TB screen on him 22 year old male
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

Glucose-6-Phosphatase Deficiency is a clinical condition characterised by hemolysis on exposure to certain drugs such as Sulfonamides, fluoroquinolones, nalidixic acids and so on.

There is no literature mentioning any contraindication for Mantoux Testing in such patients.

So, you can safely go ahead and do the Mantoux test for your student. There would be no consequences.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you do not have any further concerns.

Wishing you all the very best.