Muscles getting weak and hurts when pushed. Take Naaproxen, lisinoprel and trospium choride. Suggest?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
why are my muscles getting weak and hurts in places when you push on some areas of the body
here are some of my meds. welco tabs (colesevelam hci) 625 mg----naproxen 250 mg---lisinopril 10 mg---trospium choride er caps 60 mg and coreg tabs 25 mg
Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
degenerative wear and tear ,osteoporosis

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case with diligence.

At age of 70 there can be degenerative wear of muscles and ligament and loss of elasticity of muscles, due to deficiency of VIT B12 and carnitine these symptoms can be aggravated .so supplements of these nutrients can relieve pain.

Another associated factor can be due to osteoporosis of bones there can be diffuse pain all over body.
Check your bone strength with DEXA SCAN and you can start medication according to level of osteoporosis,
I will advise you to do regular physiotherapy and exercises as my patients find much relief by these therapies.

You can continue your already prescribed medications. Though muscle pain is a side-effect of some of your medicines, it is less common. Moreover it will not have muscle weakness.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.