Muscle weakness, fatigue and muscle pain. Could this be myasthenia gravis?
User rating for this question
myastonia Gravis. I have experienced muscle weakness, major fatigue and when i;m active my muscle pain is awful. I EXPERIENCE muscle spasms which have gotten worse over the years. My muscles get so weak and contort so painfully . I have been to many doctors and all they is they can't find anything. A friend of mine was so concerned about me she did some research and found this rare disease, Myasthenia Gravis. What kind of doctor do I see and how do I convince them to check me out for this????
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Do consult a neurologist. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The symptoms that you have described can be related to myasthenia gravis, fibromyalgia or myositis. This can also happen due to an electrolyte imbalance. It is best to consult a neurologist and get all the relevant investigations done to find out the cause of your symptoms. For temporary relief, you can take a mild pain killer like ibuprofen with a muscle relaxant. Doing a hot fomentation will also be helpful. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal.
People also viewed
- What is the diaphragm muscle
- Can myasthenia gravis cause pain
- Taken loestrin when period started now bleeding stopped pregnant
- Throat problem urethra itching positive urine culture taken antibiotics
- Why is vitamin d needed
- Myasthenia gravis and leg pain
- Meloxicam vs diclofenac pain relief
- Ocular myasthenia gravis and fatigue
- Recurring lumps in groin bleeding pus bacterial infection
- Lisinopril muscle weakness fatigue
- Zinc dichromate plating how to
- Continuous bleeding after abortion normal
- Diazepam for restless leg syndrome
- Brown discharge between periods dizziness what is happening
- Muscle weakness fatigue dizziness