Muscle pain, numbness, diagnosed as muscular dystrophy. Taking Tolperitas and BioD3max. Can you help?

Excellent

Question
Sir i am suffering from muscular pain from last 3 years. From last 3 years their in numbness at different places in my body even when i walk. Some doctors told me that its due to muscular dystrophy. Now its effect is more severe can you help me to sort out my problem. My Bone mass density is -2.7. The pain is increase in the evening and i feel comfortable when i take shower from hot water. Currently i am taking Tolperitas (muscle relaxant) and BioD3max.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Muscular dystrophies are a group of inherited disorders that cause muscle weakness and loss of muscle tissue. It is a progressive disorder in some cases where it gets worse over time.
As I believe that more information can help a physician help a patient better, I would request you to answer the following questions:
-Do you have history of frequent falls?
-Do you have problems in walking or getting up from the ground?
-Do you feel there is loss of muscle size and strength?
-Do you have any other associated symptoms like problems with joint mobility, drooping of eyelids?
-Did you get investigated for muscular dystrophy or it was it diagnosed after an examination only?
-Do you have any family history of the disease or did you have delayed walking or problems in walking as a child?
Awaiting your reply.

Follow-up: Muscle pain, numbness, diagnosed as muscular dystrophy. Taking Tolperitas and BioD3max. Can you help? 15 hours later
Thanks for reply sir, I am giving answer of your question this will help to understand my problem.
-No

-Yes if sit for more than 30 min ,after that if i walk i found a pain in my joint which will get better as i walk some distance.

-Not muscle size but loss in muscle strength. If i have to hold something my hand is shivering and even i have to stand for more than 15min i have a problem. I feel tired.

-Problem in joint mobility but eyelids are not dropping.

- Its only diagnose after examination only.

- No i my family nobody has any problem even at the age of 85(my grandfather). Every body is alright.

Thanks for writing back.
From your history, it is unlikely you have a muscular dystrophy. Other conditions like fibromyalgia also need to be considered here.
I would suggest the following
a.     Visit a neurologist who can perform tests like electromyography and creatinine kinase estimations to rule out a muscular dystrophy.
b.     Continue taking the medication prescribed by your physician
c.     Exercise and physical therapy can minimize abnormal or painful positioning of the joints.
d.     High dietary intake of lean meat, sea food, pulses, milk, egg, olive oil, leafy vegetables, fiber, wheat, fruits is advised.
Hope this answer is helpful to you.
Please accept this answer if you have no further queries.

Follow-up: Muscle pain, numbness, diagnosed as muscular dystrophy. Taking Tolperitas and BioD3max. Can you help? 1 hour later
Sir
Can you tell me that according to you I am suffering from which disease and which Dr i have to consult.

Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 6 hours later
Hello and thanks for writing back,

As there is no family history of similar problems, it is less likely to be muscular dystrophy. And as mentioned in my previous reply other causes such as fibromyalgia also needs to be considered.

A detailed examination and careful examination by a neurophysician can help you in diagnosing the exact nature of the problem and planning its treatment.

Hope that answers your query. If all your queries are answered, please close this discussion.

Wish you good health.