Multiple urine pregnancy tests showing positive. Having light bleeding. Early miscarriage?

Hi Iv had some pregnancy symptoms and a several positive urine pregnancy test (the second line on all test were lighter) But then what seemed like my period came 2 days early and was really sticky but light bleeding for about three days, I don’t know whether I was pregnant or not or weather iv had an early miscarriage?? I’m also still getting a faint second line on urine pregnancy test but no longer have any pregnancy symptoms??
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 1 hour later

As you have taken multiple pregnancy tests and all show light line the test you are pregnant.

Some mild and light bleeding is often reported by many women during early pregnancy. The symptoms you report are probably these. However to be cautious and rule out possibility of miscarriage (abortion), I would suggest you to get a blood beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotrophin) test and ultrasound examination done.

Your gynecologist can guide you through the test which will clear all your suspicion beyond doubts.

Regarding your last question, pregnancy test can remain positive for around 2 weeks even after abortion, so I encourage you to get these tests done.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Best wishes