Mucus in stool, diarrhea, skin rashes. History of anemia, fibromyalgia and Raynaud's disease. Remedy?

Age: female, 57, 5ft.1in., 87-92lbs
Mainly my concern is that at times I have stool discharge without even knowing it. I go for days without any BM, or days of diarrhea that is black, days of a normal, clean,BM, ...... I think I may have a parasite. Sometimes I notice strange things in my stools: black specks,mucus like clumps when I wipe. I am an extremely high strung person. Every little thing gets to me. I have a lot of other medical issues such as anemia, fibromyalga, chronic fatigue, raynauds,etc...... This bowel thing though is new for the last 4 months or so. Why haven't I gone to the docs yet? Because I'm tired of docs! I also have a skin problem now that I am going to the docs for tomorrow. I keep breaking out with all sorts of "things", all over my body. My back is covered with little bumps. I can pick these out. Then there are larger ones that 'appear' overnight, like a scab. They are itchy. I can scrape them off. You would think I would bleed forever afterwards, but I don't. Juts a little bit of bleed, then it stops after a few minutes. I got one yesterday..brand new, about the size of a pea (have another one just like it lower down on back, but I haven't touched it yet). I got the scab, saved it,bagged it, kept it moist. It almost looks like a parasite of some sort also. Also have tons of areas of things that may look like blackheads, but I can scrape those off too. I may have to dig a bit to get the whole thing but they come off easily. I am a mess! I did not realize that this would take this long. I have to move on with the day. How can I get back to you?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

Passing black stools with some amount of mucus with intermittent diarrhea is indicative of an higher intestinal bleeding - could be due to parasitic infestation or due to gastric ulcers. This persistent bleeding is causing anaemia.

Lack of hemoglobin makes you prone for all kinds of skin problems with slowed healing.
Bowell incontinence - occasional- is commonly associated with diarrhea and improves once the stools come back to normal.

You need to have a microscopic examination of your stool along with upper GI endoscopy to find out the cause of persistent bleeding.

Regarding the persistent scabbing of skin- such skin conditions are best diagnosed after a direct examination.

Meanwhile for symptomatic relief you can apply a local antiseptic ointment like neosporin or bacitracin along with 1% hydrocortisone gel for improvement.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.