Mri scan on brain and temporal bone done. Hearing test done due to ear infection. Any suggestion?

ENT Specialist
hi I just had an mri scan on brain and temporal bone. history is I get lots of ear infections and fullness in right ear. had hearing test done it showed mild to moderate in left ear and moderate to severe in right.
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. If you can share the MRI images and your Audiogram, I will be able to give you an accurate assessment. It is preferable to have a HRCT (High Resolution CT) Scan of the Temporal bones at the same time as bone is not visible on an MRI Scan.

2. The appearance of the era drum, any ear discharge and the type of hearing loss are important parameters in deciding further treatment. These findings must be there in your examination notes. If you have a PTA (Pure Tone Audiogram), you may upload it here.

3. There is a new MRI Scanning protocol with a post contrast late diffusion scan for suspected unsafe ears to rule out a Cholesteatoma.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.