Moveable lump on elbow since skin peeling over the area, pain on pressing. Cause?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a dime size moveable lump on my elbow. i think it started about 1 week ago, when I peeled some dry skin off my elbow. There was no bleeding, but the next day my elbow was a little swollen and very warm. 1 week later I notice the lump. There is pain when I lean on it and It is still warmer than my other elbow. ( The skin was kind of thick that I peeled off, but like i said , there was no blood.
Posted Thu, 13 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 2 hours later
Hello dear friend, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

I am Dr XXXXXXX Gandhi, I am orthopaedic surgeon.
I have studied your case.

There seems a probable infection around your elbow leading collection [lump].

You need clinical consultation from orthopedic doctor; he would give you antibiotic so that infection gets under control.

If there is abscess formation [collection of pus], then it needs to be drained surgically.

Let me know if I can help you further.