Ask a Dentist   »  

Mouth ulcers, swelling in penis followed by itching and peeling, diarrhea. Am diabetic and BP patient.

Question
During last 18 months, i have suffered from severe oral ulcers (whole skin peels off from pallet), almost at an interval of 6 months. This is associated with swelling in the pennis follwed by severe itching and de-skinning of pennis cover (black scars get formed leaving behind bleeding skin). Now this has again happened but after acute diarhoea, which could be cured partly only after heavy doses of antibiotic. i am diabetic and BP patient.i take pan masala also
Kindly suggest what to do?
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 54 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Are you taking your Medications for High BP and Diabetes regularly?
2.) Since how long have you chewing Pan Masala? Have you been doing it regularly?

Your history suggests the possibility of canker sores also called Apthous stomata, secondary to using Pan Masala as it contains many chemicals which irritate the oral mucosal layer and cause ulcers.

The other possibilities could be due to recurrent minor trauma, allergic reaction or linked to auto immune system. You need physical examination to rule out the causes.

It is incidental that you have noticed a form of skin allergy over your Penis, and it may not be related to mouth ulcers. It is nothing but contact dermatitis which occurs when it comes in contact with a offending agent like soaps, creams or cloth or any other substance. It has to be confirmed, Kindly get yourself examined by a ENT specialist for Mouth Ulcers and a Dermatologist for Penile skin examination. He/she may also ask for a Blood Test and Urinalysis.

Once confirmed, the necessary treatment can be prescribed which include oral medications, topical creams, and Multivitamins.

Follow these lifestyle modifications:

1.) Stop chewing Tobacco.
2.) Avoid alcohol and smoking, if you do.
3.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
4.) Rinse your mouth with salt water and baking soda (dissolve 1 teaspoon of soda in 1/2 cup warm water).
5.) Apply ice to the ulcers.
6.) Avoid spicy foods.
7.) Use a soft toothbrush for brushing your teeth.
8.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.

Follow-up: Mouth ulcers, swelling in penis followed by itching and peeling, diarrhea. Am diabetic and BP patient. 26 hours later
i take BP & Diabetes medicines regularly
i have been chewing pan masala for long

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 11 hours later

Thank you for writing back to me.

It is good you are taking all your medicines.
You can follow the lifestyle modifications which I had advised, stick to your treatment plan, go for regular follow up and stop chewing tobacco for a better health.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.

Follow-up: Mouth ulcers, swelling in penis followed by itching and peeling, diarrhea. Am diabetic and BP patient. 4 hours later
no treatment suggested !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How to get out of present problem????
Doctor i am in trouble and waiting for your prescription for 2 days now???????
Kindly suggest the medicines for present illness.

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 4 hours later

Thank you once again for writing back.

I am sorry, it is inappropriate and unethical to prescribe you scheduled drugs without physical examination. You need physical examination by a ENT specialist for Aphthous ulcers and a Dermatologist for skin examination.

For faster recovery, follow the lifestyle modifications which I had suggested earlier.

Till then, you can take Vitamin B-complex supplement which is available over the counter.

Hope, this helps to solve your query. Wish you good health.