Mouth ulcer behind molar that irritates on contact with tongue. Remedy?

hii, I had a ulcer on my right side of mouth behind upper third molar.Its not that much painfull but irritating whenever my tongue used to touch there what should i do?
Posted Sun, 26 May 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 24 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Because the mouth has such a good blood supply lesions in the mouth,such as ulcers usually heal well . It should heal within 5 to 7 days,if it persists beyond this point you may want to consider visiting your doctor for an evaluation to make sure it is not infected.

You may want to consider using an oral antiseptic analgesic combination which would relieve the pain and also prevent any infection.This would include products such as chloroseptic gargle or spray. IF this is not available in your area then speak to your local pharmacist to find out what is available.
In addition to the use of the analgesic/antiseptic medication you can consider gargling 3 to 4 times a day with warm (not hot) salt water (ordinary table salt). Salt water is very effective in healing mouth sores.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions