Ask a Dentist   »  

Mouth sore, redness, string like pieces of skin below tongue. What is it?

Question
I have a mouth sore bothering me. It's red with a very short clear string like sore right under the tongue. I just began feeling it today. Checking the back of my tongue I see two more string or hair like pieces of clear skin but they aren't sore and they dont hurt. Any idea what it is?
Posted Wed, 26 Sep 2012 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.

After going through the reports attached , it looks like more of apthus ulcer.
It mostly occurs due stress and vitamin B 12 deficiency.

Once started, it can increase in number to 4-5 at different places in mouth.
You can take Becasule capsules daily one along with antiseptic gargles done 2 times a day.
Along with becasules, take folvit tablets daily one, it accelerate the healing. Try not to hurt the affected area while brushing.

I hope I have answered your query. In case of any doubt, I shall be happy to help you.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.

Follow-up: Mouth sore, redness, string like pieces of skin below tongue. What is it? 11 hours later

Thanks for your answer!

Can you recommend me a good multivitamin brand that will help me prevent this kind of ulcers?

Did you see the picture #2? The ulcer has a string like shape, it's different than regular apthus ulcers that are round and white. Are they still the same?

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 10 hours later

Thanks for writing in.
Yes, I have gone through the reports attached. I feel it is the same.
You can have Capsule Becasules/Becadexamine/cobadex forte.
You can use any one of this brand.

I hope I have clarified your doubt.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.