Moustache and beard turning grey.Any permanent solution to reverse the grey moustache & beared into black?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
my moustache and beared too going fast into greay, is there any permanent solution to reverse the grey moustache & beared into black (i.e into original colour)?
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
This phonomenon is related to many factors including age , protein content, exposure to sunlight and blood supply. Nothing can be done scientifically to halt the process of greying of facial hair. Dyes cannot be used for facial hair.
I hope this answers your question.
Follow-up: Moustache and beard turning grey.Any permanent solution to reverse the grey moustache & beared into black? 24 minutes later
I was not convinced by the answer given by the doctor, I would have felt happly if doctor had seenin depth in my problme instead of that he has simply answered like a plain junior doctor and that too he is not related to this field(dermatology) instead somebody should have dealt this case.

As a common man I too know that various factors which causes this but what is the solution for this in this modern technology period ? being a doctor he should have given some remedial steps if not possible to cure permanently ?

Atleast has he suggested the medicines like "Vb7 forte" ? then what is the use of paying to you, happily I can depend on local doctors(here I'm not criticizing anyone but try to look at the problem from my side).

I'm sorry to say this I never expected such a plain answer from your renowed doctors team.

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 18 hours later
Thanks for the feedback.
Greying of hair is related to many factors. Heredity , stress, malnutrition, scalp infection are the commonest. Once the process of greying starts there aren't many options. It is not possible to reverse the already greyed hair. It is only possible to some extent to prevent greying of the remnant hair.
The following may help in prevention.
1. High intake of 3 nutrients
a. para aminobenzoic acid (PABA)
b. pantothenic acid
c. inositol. XXXXXXX content of the above is present in foods such as eggs, liver and yeast.
2. Increasing the protein intake preferably animal protein . (fish being the best)
3. maintaining clear hygiene of the scalp by periodic washing with shampoo preferably enriched with selenium.
4. Intermittent gentle massage to improve the blood supply to the scalp.
5. Stress relief through aerobic exercising.
Quite a few cosmetologists make fake and false claims of guarantying black hair.
Medications and plastic surgery can only help restore hair in bald patches. But that to is a temporary phenomenon. No doc can guarantee the colour of the transplanted or existing hair.
I hope this provides you preventive guidelines for greying of hair.