Mole on cheek has spot forming next to it. Does this mean anything?

My mole on my cheek has a small little spot forming next to it, which is adding to the mole to make it slightly bigger on closer inspection. Does this mean anything ? I have a picture of it if that makes it easier ?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 21 hours later

I was able to view the picture.

Increase is size or any sort of changes in a mole in fair collared person should be taken seriously. So the appropriate next step is to get this biopsied to rule out any sort of serious condition. An excision biopsy not only is an investigative tool but also gives a complete treatment in a single go.

Sun exposure should be minimised and an urgent consultation with the dermatologist at the earliest should be taken.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any other queries.

Dr.Rohit Batra
Follow-up: Mole on cheek has spot forming next to it. Does this mean anything? 5 hours later
Thankyou for that, but does mine look normal ?
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 24 hours later
Thanks for your follow up query.
Any change in size, shape or color of a pigmented lesion should be biopsied especially in a fair skinned person. One can be sure that there is nothing important only on a biopsy report. I would be unable to comment on whether the lesion looks normal or not. An examination of the tissue under the microscope would be required.

Dr.Rohit Batra