Mole is peeling off and fading after an Intense pulse light therapy for hair removal. Permanent disappearance?

Hi, i had an IPL hair removal session on my face (just the upper lip) and i had a beauty spot in this area, after a couple of days, my beauty spot is almost gone, it is peeling off. I would like to know if it will grow or is it gone for good? I'm a little upset because i asked them not to touch it...
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 9 hours later

IPL or intense pulse light is not a laser and has an array of wavelengths at which light is emitted. Though filters are used to minimize unwanted wavelengths from crossing to skin but some deviation do occur.

Note this IPL is also used for vascular lesions, pigmented lesions and hair reduction with various filters, in your case when you got the hair reduction procedure done, the confounding wavelengths might have acted upon the pigmented lesion and removed it by burning the pigments.

Also a burn caused by higher power- joule could have resulted in the mishap.

I am sorry but it is difficult to tell whether the lesion will come back or has gone off completely. - Only time can tell that.

Hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Please accept my answer and oblige.

Dr.Rohit Batra