Mole, beauty marks on leg. Suffering from anxiety. Advise medication

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
Hi, i have been worrying about my moles/beauty marks on my leg. ive gone to the doctor multiple times about other ones on my body. I do have anxiety. So if you can reassure me they are fine.

I have one on my knee that is the size of a tip of a pen, and on on my ankle that is about 3.5mm. One on my ankle has been there for as long as i can remember. and the knee one i believe has been their 2 years or so.

First photo is of my knee, second one is of ankle

I have no family history. No terrible sun burns. I did grow up in California, but My mother always protected me.
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX ,
Thanks for writing in.
Ive gone through images uploaded.
They appear to be acquired melanocytic nevi.
They do not appear to cancerous or melanoma like.There is nothing to be worried about.
Also I would like to know-
Is there any symptom like itching ,bleeding ?
Is there any change in size, consistency of mole?
Any systemic symptoms/change in bowel /bladder habits?
Any similar lesions elsewhere on body?

Answer the questions and we can continue the discussion here.
There is nothing to be worried about.
I will be available for follow up.
DrSudarshan
Dermatology

Follow-up: Mole, beauty marks on leg. Suffering from anxiety. Advise medication 5 minutes later

No, none

not that i notice

i do have anxiety and have IBS from it, but i have been diagnosed with ibs for about a year now.

Any similar lesions elsewhere on body?

i have moles/beauty marks on my upper thigh and shoulders, i have had them checked out and doctor said they were fine. I can add more photos of them if you would like to see all my main ones. Im worrying about why you asked about the bowel/bladder habbits? should i be? Ive gone to the doctor recently as i worried my bowel habits were worringsome, and she told me that it is classic and book definition of IBS
also with my ibs, it comes and goes, especially flairs when im anxious. Im starting to panic now.

thank you

XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 9 hours later
HI Again XXXXXXX
Thanks for the details.Ive gone through the new images as well.
As said already there is nothing to be worried about.
As the bowel irregularity is due to IBS there is nothing to panic about.
As no symptoms or findings are abnormal there is nothing to be worried about.
You do not have anything close to the cancer.
These are common melanocytic nevi and do not warrant any further investigation.
As you know cancerous moles are symptomatic with itching,bleeding,change in shape,irregular border ,color variability etc .
None of such findings are present in your case so there is nothing to panic about.
I will be available for follow up.
Regards.
DrSudarshan

Follow-up: Mole, beauty marks on leg. Suffering from anxiety. Advise medication 10 minutes later
Thank you so much doctor XXXXXXX Thank you for dealing with all my questions and thank you for viewing all my images I posted. You really put eat ease. I just freaked out today that caused my ibs to flair a little today. But since I know it's just ibs I feel much better. You are a great doctor!

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 42 hours later
HI again XXXXXXX
If you are satisfied with the answer ,please accept it and rate it at the end.
If you have any skin related queries in future,you can directly ask me by "ASK DR SUDARSHAN" in your question.I will be more than happy to assist you.
DrSudarshan
Dermatology

Follow-up: Mole, beauty marks on leg. Suffering from anxiety. Advise medication 11 days later
another mole related question, i have uploaded 2 ore new pics, does it look normal to you? also i added another photo of a mole on my leg that is the same one as picture ending with 1843. I have uploaded another image of it, does it look normal to you? a doctor saw it a month ago and said it was fine.

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later
Hi Again XXXXXXX
Ive gone through the new photos .
These also appear normal melanocytic nevi.
These are benign moles and nothing to worry about.
Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up .
Regards.
DrSudarshan