Missing periods. Pregnancy test positive. Will plan b terminate a pregnancy?

i am 5 days late on my peried i took two test both came back possitve if i take the plan b pill will it terminate the pergancy
Posted Sun, 4 Nov 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 hours later
HI, thanks for using health care magic

The morning after pill (plan a or plan b) are not abortive agents. They work by delaying or preventing an ovum (egg) from being released from the ovary , they also irritate the endometrial lining to prevent implantation.
They are not effective in an established pregnancy and will result in an abortion.
You may want to consider visiting your doctor for advice on a safe procedure.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions