Missing periods. Pregnancy test positive. Which specialist should I consult?

May 2013
Hiiii actually m pregnent i think from 4 weeks bcoz my periods were due on 1 of november 2012. But i checked. Nd result was positive. Can u tell to whom i contact means my GP or sepecialist??? Nd wht medicine i can take to get abortion bcoz i dnt want baby yet???? Thnx
Posted Fri, 23 Nov 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 28 minutes later

Sometimes urine pregnancy test kits can give false positive results.
So for termination of pregnancy:
Consult gynecologist and undergo ultrasound examination.
Which will confirm intrauterine pregnancy and will rule out ectopic pregnancy.
And also by ultrasound the gestational age can be estimated.
According to that if intrauterine pregnancy of 4 weeks gestational age is confirmed then you can go for medical termination of pregnancy with your doctor's advice.
For medical termination of the pregnancy combination of mifepristone and misoprostol to be used regarding the dosage etc your doctor will explain to you.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.