Missing period. Should I be worried for pregnancy?

iam 30yrs old female and married. since last my iam not having my regular periods? iam afraid if iam pregnant ...i dont want kid now, so i need a solution
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 17 minutes later

I would like to know some more details on your condition to understand better and opine specifically. I am sorry but your query seems a bit ambiguous.

Please answer these questions from my side:

1. When was your last menstrual period?
2. Do you have irregular periods, if so, from when?
3. Were your periods regular in the past?
4. Did you have unprotected sexual intercourse on the fertile days of your menstrual cycle?
5. Did you get any home pregnancy tests done?

Awaiting your response.

Follow-up: Missing period. Should I be worried for pregnancy? 1 hour later
1. on nov 16th my last period started.
And in december , it was not.....yes i have taken unprotected sexual...
yes i have done pregnancy test done at home and it was positive.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 16 hours later

Thanks for the information.

Since you are in the second month of an unwanted pregnancy you can go for medications taken in two sets with a gap of 24 hours.

MTP in India is bound by strict laws and had to be done by a gynecologist with strict supervision of the patient. Do consult your gynecologist for safe abortion avoiding any complications.

Do not take medications on your own as they can lead to undue complications like heavy bleeding. Do visit your gynecologist as early as possible.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Wish you good health.