Missing period. Pregnancy test negative. Suggest a pill to avoid pregnancy

Mar 2013
hi!im delayed for 2weeks now,,,im 43years old already,i worried that im going to be pregnant again,,i try to take pregnant test it say negative,,,but im so worried,and can you prescribe me a pills that i can take it as soon as possible..
Posted Mon, 18 Mar 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 12 minutes later
Thank you for your query.

If your periods are regular, but you are delayed by 2 weeks, and the pregnancy test is negative, there is nothing to worry.
You could be approaching the peri menopausal transition, when the periods become delayed / irregular.
Stress, anxiety, emotional upheavals, rapid fluctuations in weight, thyroid disorder, polycystic ovaries, endometrial hyperplasia - all could cause delayed periods.
In the peri menopausal age group, rarely ovulation and periods are erratic, so a late pregnancy would not show up on the pregnancy test rarely.
I urge you to consult a gynecologist and have a proper check up.
If everything is normal, you can take Meprate ( progesterone ) tablets for withdrawal bleeding.
The exact dosage and the timing and prescription depends on your weight, medical risk factors and various other factors.

Hope you found this useful
Take care, and feel free to ask for further clarifications
Follow-up: Missing period. Pregnancy test negative. Suggest a pill to avoid pregnancy 7 minutes later
yes its regular my cycle,but if i buy meprate i can buy without prescription?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 5 minutes later
No dear
That is why i asked you to consult a gynecologist.
There are various conditions where you cannot use Meprate / use it with caution.
Only examination and screening by a gynaecologist will determine that.
Also, your gynecologist will prescribe exact dosage and schedule after examining you.
It is not available OTC in canada.