Missing period. Getting stomach ache. What are the chances of getting pregnant?

Hi am a little bit worried im pregnant. My period is nearly 5days late, and im never late. I have been feeling off colour for a week or two but I have been getting stomach aches like I get before i get my period. My husband and I are thinking about starting a family in a few months but wasnt quiet expecting to get pregnant quiet yet as we are still using comdoms as birth control. When is it best to take a test and is it possibal I am?
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 1 hour later

Condoms have a 15% failure rate. If you have never been late for periods, you should get a pregnancy test done with a fresh early morning sample. If the result is ambiguous, you may repeat the test after a couple of days or go for the serum beta-hCG measurement along with a pelvic/trans-vaginal sonogram for confirmation.

It could also be the usual delayed periods that occur once-in-a-while. Your symptoms are not specific to pregnancy, they could be premenstrual as well.

Hope I have clarified your doubt. If you need further clarifications, please feel free to ask. I will be happy to help.