Missed periods, unprotected sex. Pregnancy tests negative. Spotting. Pregnancy chances?

I have missed periods. I have unprotected sex with my boy friend on 12th dec 2011. And My last periods was on 7th-9th Dec 2011. Till now I am not having periods. I did pregnancy test before 2 days , two times , but pregnancy test was negative. I had very small blood flow last on 14th and 15th. I am confused if i am pregnant or not. If not why my periods are missed
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 10 minutes later
After having periods on 7-9th december, 12th december is your relatively safe period and the chances of conceiving after unprotected sex are low.
You have done pregnancy test and it is negative. Mild bleeding on 14th and 15th is suggestive of delayed periods.
The reasons of delayed periods may be hormonal imbalance, emotional upset, anxiety, stress, or other medical conditions that affect the ovaries, uterus, hypothalamus, or pituitary gland. Hypothyroidism, post pill amennorhea, polycystic ovarian syndrome or rarely a pituitary tumor causing high prolactin levels or a hypothalamic disease are other causes that may be the cause here as pregnancy is ruled out.
If this has happened for the first time, then you can wait for your period next month and see if it is normal.
Otherwise please visit your gynecologist to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in your case to find out the cause so that treatment can be given accordingly.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.