Missed periods. Pregnancy test negative. Why is naturogest prescribed. What should I do?

May 2013
Hi Dictor,
im sara.... i m 25 years old now. just got married 4 months back. usuall i got an irragular periods problem & it come to normal now.. now i have an missed periods tis month. my LMP is on 4th August 2012. i have done an home pergency test & also consult with doctor pergancy test is negative. Doctor percribed me Naturogest 300 mg for 5 days & told periods wil come after completion of 5 days courses. can u explain what is Naturogest whether it is for periods or for someother thing..
Posted Tue, 9 Oct 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 41 minutes later

Usually menstrual cycle will have two phases, first one proliferate phase which is mainly influenced by estrogen and second one secretory phase here predominate hormone is progesterone.
At the end of the cycle both the hormones will fall and lead to menstruation.
Sometimes there could be hormonal imbalance leading to irregular periods.
Progesterone deficiency is one of the factors which can delay periods.
So your doctor kept you on naturogest which is a natural micronised progesterone.
After completing the tablets as prescribed, when you stop the levels of progesterone will fall and you will get withdrawal bleeding.
Sometimes it may take around 5 days after completion of tablets to get withdrawal bleeding.
Possibly from next cycle onwards you will get regular periods. If not better to get evaluated for the cause of irregular cycles and take treatment accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.