Ask a Urologist   »  

Minimal prostrate enlargement, ominic, burning in testicles, penis. Herbal treatment ?

ENT Specialist
I have minimal prostate enlargement, doctor gave me ominic to use, now I have burning in the prostate area testicle and pinis, he gave antibiotic but does no work may be does not fit my body I mean this antibiotic , my psa is only 0.3 what I have to take herbal only
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Follow-up: Minimal prostrate enlargement, ominic, burning in testicles, penis. Herbal treatment ? 4 minutes later
also I have pain after bowl in the area of prostate no pain and burning in the testicles and pinis and pain round the rectum
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 6 hours later

Thanks for the query,

Well from your history it is clear that you are suffering from either BPH (BENIGN HYPERTROPHY OF PROSTATE) or Prostatitis. It is a benign condition and the symptoms generally includes urgency and difficulty in urination.

Many a time the person develops the symptoms of pain, and burning sensation during urination, these symptoms suggest infection of either testes, epididymis or prostate itself, and this is common in the patients of BPH. The PSA levels are not worrisome in your case.

What is to be done?
1- Drink plenty of water.
2- Maintain personal hygiene.
3- You may need a course of antibiotic of fluoroquinolone group. Herbal drugs would not help.
4- Take Urinary Analgesics recommended by doctor.
5- A cranberry extract can help in the form of juices you may find in general stores.

All under the supervision of of your urologist. Your urologist may advise some investigations like KUB pelvis or ct scan pelvis.

Dont worry, for your symptoms it is clear that you are suffering from minor entity, and you will be all rite in next 7-10 days days.

Hope this will help you and let me know if you have any follow up questions