Mild chest pain. 2D echo, CFI done. Is there any heart issue?

I am suffering with mild chest pain(left side and left side back) from few days. I have gone through 2D echo test and the reults are as follows.

Mitral Value: has thin leaflets, normal subvalvular structures and normal motion.

Ortic Valve: has 3 thin leaflets and normal opening.

tricuspid valve: is normal

pulmonary value: is normal

IVS/IAS: intact

left ventricle: is normal in size, thickness and contractility. LVEF=55%. No SWMA/PE/Thrombus. Pericardium is normal.

Left Atrium: is normal in size and free of clots.

Right ventricle and ritht atrium: are normal.

CFI Shows: altered mitral diastolic velocities. Normal systolic velocities across aortic and pulmonary valves.

Normal LV cavity size and systolic function. LVEF=55%.
Grade 1 LV diastolic dysfunction.
Intact IVS/IAS.
No SWMA/Pericardial effusion/Thrombus.

Kindly suggest me if there is any problem in my heart function.
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 22 minutes later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

It is a normal study / ECHOcardiogram sees the heart valves (example, muscle (Cardiomyopathy) and heart function (Ejection fraction, wall motion abnormality) / clots... There is no specific problem in the ECHOcardiogram /
     You have not said of any characteristics of the pain – pain from the heart is oppressing, in central chest (and left), worse on effort, relieved by rest, may radiate to shoulders and arms, associated with sweating and so on. However, it is better to have a Treadmill Exercise Electrocardiogram (TMT) – to evaluate ischemia (reduced blood flow / Coronary Artery Disease).
You are very young and unlikely to have any significant problem, unless there are risk factors like bad family history, smoking, cholesterol and so on..
     Discuss with your doctor...

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Follow-up: Mild chest pain. 2D echo, CFI done. Is there any heart issue? 26 minutes later
I have gone through stress test and ECG also and the reports came with normal study. I suspected that there is any problem with Grade 1 diastolic dysfuncion as it is mentioned in the report under impression. I have refered few websites regarding diastolic dysfunction and mentioned grade 1 as mild.

I am suffering with pain in right arm also. So I have gone through all these tests to check the heart function.
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 57 minutes later
Diastolic dysfunction technically means impairment of relaxation of the ventricle / grade 1 is mildest or doubtful grade / it refers to stiffening of the wall – generally secondary to blood pressure, valve obstruction, heart muscle disease and so on / it can be a normal finding in some, especially elderly; It must be interpreted with the total clinical picture. If there is no obvious clinical problem, if the stress ECG is normal, if the rest of ECHO is normal, it should be ignored.
You have no heart disease
Your symptoms could be from Anxiety causing muscle spasm
MRI neck may be necessary to evaluate arm pain- from nerve root irritation