Micro-Tese surgery, sexual intercourse to be avoided. Masturbation possible ?

Question
How long after a Micro-Tese surgey can I masturbate? I was told by my doctor to refrain from sexual intercourse for 3 weeks, but he did not say anything about masturbation.

Thanks!
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 51 minutes later

Micro -tese surgery is usually done in patients who already have a low sperm count or have unhealthy sperms. Abstaining from sexual intercourse is not advised due to the surgery per se but is advised so that good quality sperms can collect over that period.

It is best to avoid masturbation also for three weeks as frequent ejaculations will decrease the sperm quality.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.