Methylcobalamin spplement. Remylin D tablets. How effective is the absorption?

hi ! my doctor has given me remylin d tablets but how effectively is it absorbed
contains methylcobalamin
Posted Sun, 8 Jul 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 26 minutes later

Yes, you are right Remylin D contains methycobalamin.

There no special precautions that you need to take while taking this drug.

You can take it with or without food and any time of the day. Just avoid medicines for gas and acidity along with this as it may hamper its absorption. Apart from this there are certain drugs which can affect its absorption so please be careful if you are taking any.

I hope this helps.

I hope this helps.

Please write again if you have something more to ask, in case of no further query please accept the answer.

Follow-up: Methylcobalamin spplement. Remylin D tablets. How effective is the absorption? 7 minutes later
Thanks for your reply but I understand b12 is not absorbed properly via the oral route and is better sub lingually .should I just suck on this tablet for better absorption?
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 19 minutes later

Good to hear from you again so soon.

As written earlier you can take it the way you want. You are right that absorption of B12 is poor orally, but there is lack of sufficient studies to support that sub-lingual route is better.

Please take the way you are comfortable with, you can take either way and it is going to have its effect. Normally in case of major suspected deficiency injection are advised initially. You can discuss this with your doctor.