Met with an accident. Had nausea, belly bloat and intestinal malabsorption. Had sex and having lesions on leg. Suggest treatment?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
Please review my symptoms and my tests.
Hello Dr, the reason I'm here is that it is difficult for me to believe my tests after I have had several symptoms strangers, and now my wife is having also.
I'll try to sum ​​it all up.
First, an accident of medium to high risk, with someone highly suggestive of being infected.
5 days after developing symptoms strangers, which lasted for 6 weeks (nausea every morning, belly bloat, gas, intestinal malabsorption, dry mouth, mild anemia and mild dehydration) , I never had it, and the symptoms magically disappeared.
Tests - 2 weeks modular system roche agp24 /ab (0,35) negative - cut off (0,90)
5,5 weeks modular system roche agp24 / ab (0,15) negative - cut off (0,90) / bio-rad agp24 / ab (0,41) negative - cut off (1,0).
6 weeks modular system roche agp24 / ab (0,19) negative - cut off (0,90)
8,5 weeks modular system roche agp24 / ab (0,21) negative - cut off (0,90) Thank God.
5.5 weeks after the accident, I had an unprotected intercourse with my wife.
Now, eight weeks after that relationship, my wife is having some bruising(5-6) on legs without reason , is having a bit of night sweats, and a dry cough.
I'm desperate, these tests may have lost the infection? If the part of p24 was not sensitive, yet they could detect the infection? How can my wife and I, we're having these symptoms strangers? Dr here, some time ago, said I was safe, and now I am afraid he has wrong.
Sorry my English, I speak of Brazil. XXXX
Posted Wed, 11 Sep 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely HIV1.HIV2 has to be ruled out

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX
I am sure that you are free from HIV infection. Almost all types of HIV tests are almost highly specific and sensitive up to 99%. Especially P24 Antigen test is very sensitive and specific since 3 weeks on wards. If it is negative even after 8 weeks then there is no possibility of HIV for you and your wife.
All the symptoms like nausea, bloating, anemia, dehydration and your wife's symptoms like bruises,night sweat and cough are not related to HIV.
There is one rare possibility is there. If you have infected with HIV 2(very rare) your P24 Antigen test would not able to detect the same. There are some antibody test are available to differentiate HIV1&2. If that also comes negative, you just consult your general physician for your problem and you will be alright.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Met with an accident. Had nausea, belly bloat and intestinal malabsorption. Had sex and having lesions on leg. Suggest treatment? 31 minutes later
Complementing Dr, my tests were duo (research antibodies HIV1, HIV2 and p24 antigen). I am free from hiv?

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Absolutely safe and HIV free

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

If it is duo and that is for both HIV1& HIV2, then it is sure that you both are absolutely safe from HIV diseases. This is more conclusive and confirmatory, just relax.
Good day to you.
DR S.Murugan

Follow-up: Met with an accident. Had nausea, belly bloat and intestinal malabsorption. Had sex and having lesions on leg. Suggest treatment? 8 minutes later
Dr, the last follow-up , I forgot to mention that also had a swollen lymph node in jaw . Independent of the symptoms I have, or come to have, they will have nothing to do with hiv? I'm not infected with hiv? I do not need more testing hiv? Thanks, XXXX.
Why in the first answer, you spoke hiv unlikely, and the second response you talked hiv free and safe?

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not related to HIV. No need for further test

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome back.
It is obvious that I thought of the little and remote possibility of HIV2 and mentioned as HIV is unlikely. After knowing that your test covered both HIV 1&2, I can say more authentically that you are free from any HIV disease. That is all.

Don't worry about the symptoms including the enlargement of the lymph node near your jaw. It can occur with any mouth ulcer, tooth problem or tonsillitis for anybody without HIV. So just ignore HIV and consult your physician for your present complaints. You need no further test.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Met with an accident. Had nausea, belly bloat and intestinal malabsorption. Had sex and having lesions on leg. Suggest treatment? 24 minutes later
Dr S XXXXXXX , So I'm free hiv? I am hiv negative?

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 25 hours later
Brief Answer:
Free from HIV.

Detailed Answer:
You are absolutely free from HIV and no need for further test
Dr s XXXXXXX