Medication for high cholesterol and sleep apnea?

I have an undiagnosed condition. I have seen various specialty dr'.s. The symptoms include:Poor sleep(no rem sleep for years- been diagnosed with moderate sleep apnea but don't tolerate the machine. Cold hands and feet, it comes and goes, (Reynaud's has been ruled out), stiff legs and ankles, strange groin tightness-hard to identify feeling) RA has been ruled out by a specialist. Obviously, there is some diagnosed spinal arthritis but don't see this as a serious matter. My heart Dr. says that is fine, I have high cholesterol which I am trying to modify with diet (it runs in the family, brother and sister), The ratio between LDL and HDL is not too bad but the triglycerides are high Fibromyalgia has been ruled out, 7 pressure points not tender. I have seen 2 family MD's, heart Dr., rheumatologist, sleep med specialist.- all pretty good drs I think but frustrated. My father had a brain aneuryism at age 30 which he survived, and his mother had a stroke around 60. How about PAD? who would diagnose this? Got any ideas. I work every day, 10 hours, or so, and am not depressed?
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: Feel free to ask me other questions you might have Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your medical history and feel sorry for the situation you are in. If everything is ok with your heart, no RA, then, you might be having problems with PAD. I suggest to consult an angiologist (doctor who diagnose peripheral artery disease) and to run further diagnostic tests including: - Doppler of the blood vessels of the hands and legs - angiography - ankle-brachial index (ABI) Depending on the test results, the angiologist would prescribe the right treatment. Hope it was of help! Dr.Benard