Medication for cellulitis?

I am in need of medication (an antibiotic) for Celluitis, but cannot find an MD who will accept United XXXXXXX Care. Can you help ? I need something stronger than Cephalexin (Keflex).
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Therapy decided upon culture&sensitivity testing.. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for sharing your concern with XXXXXXX Usually, a culture and sensitivity testing is advised when suffering from cellulitis as it is very difficult to eradicate it especially if you are a diabetic. I am glad to hear that your diabetes is under control which will ease the healing process. I do usually prescribe penicillins (injection for up to 5 days) and long-term use of oral penicillin drugs combined with Cephalexin group. Please bare in mind that the therapy is based on the severity of the symptoms. I also advise to keep a good hygiene and apply cold compresses to the affected area. Hope it was of help! Dr.Albana