Medical history attached. What are Ulnars?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question

Please read Medical History,What are or is ULNARS?
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later

The pain in the back of elbow radiating down the forearm is likely to be related to ulnar nerve compression or inflammation. Most commonly it is caused by a tennis elbow or cubital tunnel syndrome.
You can help the improvement by-
1. Give adequate rest to the arm.
2. Apply cold therapy.
3. Get some anti-inflammatory medication prescribed from your orthopedician.
4. Immobilize the arm for a short period.
5. Soft tissue therapy can be used to break down adhesions that may be restricting the nerve.
6. Neural stretching exercises are helpful under the care of a physiotherapist.
Surgery might be needed in severe cases with persistent symptoms.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Follow-up: Medical history attached. What are Ulnars? 12 hours later
Sorry,I thought i put results of EMG in.
EMG results: In conculsion:NCS/EMG of LEFTUPPER EXTREMITY REVEALS
1)MILD LFT CTS 2)MILD LFT CUBITAL TUNNEL SYNDROME 3)NO EDX EVIDENCE OF LFT BRACHIAL PLEXOPATHY OR CERVICAL RADICULOPATHY.PT TO F/U WITH MY ORTHOPEDIC.
He saw no problems in a sence & referred me back to my NEUROSURGEON,they read results & replied to see HAND SPECIALIST because they don't do HAND,ELBOW or ULNARS. PLEASE! WHAT DO I DO??? WHATS NEXT??? IF I WAS YOUR PATIENT WHAT WOULD YOU RECCOMEND!! :( ,LOST,CONFUSED,ALOT OF PAIN & FRUSTRATED IN CONNECTICUT,USA. XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

Your Electromyogram (EMG) report suggests that you have a mild left cubital tunnel syndrome with no proximal nerve injury- at brachial plexus or cervical spine level.

Adequate rest to your arm, cold compress of elbow and good anti inflammatory drug along with neural stretching exercise will be helpful in relieving your symptoms.

The condition can be treated effectively by a competent orthopedician and physiatrist.

I suggest you take a second opinion from another orthopedician who can prescribe good anti-inflammatory drugs and also refer you to an experienced physiatrist for neural stretching exercises.

Hope my answer is helpful. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you a speedy recovery.