Masturbation,erection problem,premature ejaculation

hi doc.. i have been masterbating for about 10 years and i decided to stop about 2years ago but i still experience problem with maintain my erection and i ejaculates so quickly during sex with my girl. can u please show me what to do?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 32 minutes later

Do you mean you are losing erection soon after an early ejaculation? If yes, then the conditions is known as 'Premature ejaculation'.

Various reports have suggested that premature ejaculation is more of psychological problem rather than physical. Anxiety is found as the cause most often.

Good couple intimacy is the necessary to reduce the problem.

Master and Johnson's technique - start and stop techniques have been suggested to all patients having premature ejaculation. Most patients have reported improvement after practising this technique. You may also use them during sexual intercourse.

Other measures suggested are:

1. Use of desensitizing agents such as delay cream.
2. If the drug cure is needed, then Dapoxetine - a short-acting selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) is the approved drug used for this purpose.
3. Intracavernous pharmacotherapy - a method of injecting a drug known as a vasodilator directly into the penis to help men control premature ejaculation and maintain their erection.
It has been proven to be effective in over seventy percent of patients
4. Preventive methods include performing routines such as Kegel exercises, which, as mentioned, relate to gaining voluntary control of the PC muscle. Thus giving a person more control over ejaculation.

You may discuss these issues with an urologist. You may also get the aforementioned drugs prescribed by them.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.

Follow-up: Masturbation,erection problem,premature ejaculation 4 hours later
Doc, please what about the inability to main a good erection. I find it difficult to maintain an erection for at least 30 secs after a blow job and I become loose again.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
Inability to maintain an erection is also the same as premature ejaculation and the same treatment measures as i have mentioned already will be helpful for you.
Other thing is you have to life up your confidence, avoid the postures or stimulation methods where you cannot maintain erection.
Absolutely you have to start looking for alternative postures or methods which can make your sexual life pleasurable.

Wish you an early recovery.