Masturbation, sore throat, itchy skin, no rash, negative HIV combo test. Infection or HIV ?

Dermatologist
Question

About 6 weeks ago i went to a spa and the lady masturbated me in the end. We did not exchange any fluids. Right after the event i started getting very anxious about it soon enough i got a sore throat about 30 hours after the event. After that no symptoms at all, until about 3 weeks after the event i started having itchi skin for about a week and 3 days. During this time i was very active in terms of sports so the itching could be related to that i dont know, there was no visible rash. I did the HIV combo test at 14 days and 24 days both negative. I did today at 41 days anothe combo test will get the results later on.

Should i be worried? Are the tests conclusive?

Thank you
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 9 hours later
Hi!,

Thank you for posting the query,

Since there was no exchange of fluid between the two of you , there is no chance of any infection esp HIV.

Also it is good that you have got the combo test done which is the earliest to be positive in HIV as it detects the antigen too.Since it has come negative even after 41 days ,I would suggest you not get worried about HIV at all.

As far as itching is concerned it is not very clear from your question what you have mentioned.Is it over the penis or over the body what you mean. Kindly clarify.

If itching is over the penis ,then probably you have a fungal infection only, which can be treated easily.

Since the lady only masturbated you ,there is only chance of transmitting either herpes or a viral warts (if at all she is infected with either of two) . If you have any such symptoms then kindly let me know.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up query if any.
Should you have additional concerns regarding this issue I would be happy to address them.

Dr.Bharat chawda

Follow-up: Masturbation, sore throat, itchy skin, no rash, negative HIV combo test. Infection or HIV ? 12 hours later
The itching was all over the body. Never on the penis itself.
I did the combo test at 41 days and it was negative.

Thank you..and i'll wait for your response.

Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 1 hour later
Hi!,

Thanks for writing back.

I don't think that itching all over the body would be related to any of the STDs(sexually transmitted diseases).

Itching could be either due to sweating (as you are into sports) or may be scabies (which can get transmitted by touch from a infected person) . If your itching is still persisting ,kindly let me know where all in the body you have itching and what time it is maximum (night or day). Are your finger web spaces also involved.

As far as HIV is concerned ,I think you should not worry as you have got a negative combo test at 41 days also.This indicates that you are absolutely normal.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you have found my response to be both helpful as well as reassuring. If you have any additional concerns regarding this issue I would be happy to address them.

regards,

Dr.Bharat chawda

Follow-up: Masturbation, sore throat, itchy skin, no rash, negative HIV combo test. Infection or HIV ? 1 hour later
The itching went away like i said in the question about a week and a half ago. Now i feel very normal as far as the itching. I do play soccer every day and sweat alot, even after showering because where i live in Israel its 33 degrees every day. LoL.

The itching was everywhere really no certain location, as i said now its over.

Oh well, so i can be totaly ok with HIV right?

Thank you again...i found this service very helpful and will use it more often.

All the best

Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 7 hours later
Hi!,

Thank you for the reply,

I am happy that you are absolutely fine and also that you liked the services provided by the XXXXXXX website & the team.

Thank you for using ‘Ask An Expert’ Service, where we feature some of world's renowned medical experts in their fields. Millions have benefitted from our service to get personalized advice for them and for their loved ones.

We would be happy to help you out any time you need our services.

“ Wish you Good Health”

Dr.Bharat chawda

Follow-up: Masturbation, sore throat, itchy skin, no rash, negative HIV combo test. Infection or HIV ? 45 days later
Hi sir,

I am back here to try to finally put this nightmare to rest!!!

I did the combo test at 12 weeks (84 days) and it came back negative.
Can i let go of this fear of HIV now?

The only reason why i don't let go is because i heard some people don't show up positive until 6 months.
Another problem is that at the 11th week a had a herpes outbreak in my lip with an afta in my tongue at the same time. And after that i got two other aftas (mouth ulcers) , but they all went away after 2 weeks.

My question is despite this herpes, mouth ulcer outbreak my test at 12 weeks is conclusive?

Do people get these types of symptoms when they are infected?

Please help me out!!!!

Thank you!!!!

Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 8 hours later
Hi!,

Thank you for writing back,

You are right regarding the window period getting extended to 6 months some times(since antibody formation may take time). But in your case I didn't mention it earlier as there was no exchange of fluid between the two.

But since the combo test also tests the antigen, the negative results are very conclusive, and you shouldn't be worried at all.

As far as herpes out break is concerned, it could just be a coincidence. May be that the herpes is related to the stress you are going through. I don't think it is related to the act.

I feel that you are absolutely normal .

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

“ Wish you Good Health”

Dr.Bharat chawda

Follow-up: Masturbation, sore throat, itchy skin, no rash, negative HIV combo test. Infection or HIV ? 39 hours later
Doctor,

From reading several web sites with specialists and making research i undderstood that the 6 mmonth period thing actually is an urban legend. Now a days people only to be considered for 6 months are peope with immune system problems or cancer treatment ones.

Are you updated in the latest guielines worldwide...whatt is your poin of view on that?

From what i heard only people in the 90s had found ou to be positive after 3 months?

Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 25 hours later
Hi!,

Thank you for writing back,

I am updated regarding the latest going on in this field as we see such patients regularly in our OPD.

At times it becomes difficult to make patients understand about the window period ,so we do test such patients at 6 months too ,just to remove all the doubts in mind.It is also a fact that immunocompromised patients may have such a window period though.

You are also right regarding this concept being a urban legend ,but just for the sake of confirmation we may do tests at 6 months duration also.

But your case was different since you already had done a combo test & which came negative ,so there was no need as such for a repeat test at 6 months.A combo test detects antigen from the body which is formed earliest.

Those countries where there is facilities for only antibody detection ,are the countries where repeat tests are done.
And that is the reason that latest reports and developed countries don't recommend a repeat test.

I hope this would clarify all your doubts .

“ Wish you Good Health”

Dr.Bharat chawda