Masturbating. Used rubber band around the base of penis to make it pleasurable. Does it cause infertility?

Psychiatrist
Question
Sir, I'm 26 years old and am masturbating since I'm 15. I prolong my masturbation to 1-1.5days before ejaculating [by relaxing in between] which am doing till today, taking 3days gap between ejaculation and the starting of next masturbation. I gets a hardon in the 3rd day morning itself. Eventhough I don't require any aid in masturbation I used to wear a loosely held cloth band at the base of my testicles .i.e around the testicles. Sometimes I also used to wear a rubber band [not too tight to prevent ejaculation] around the base of my penis. I does that as I think it can help prolong the masturbation and so I can extend the pleasurable sensation. Recently I read an article saying that rubber bands if worn can make you infertile as it may damage the vas deferens and other nerves. I'm really worried about my chances of having children when I get married.
Note: I can still masturbate and ejaculate whenever I want and I am fully eroused with a good hard-on when I do that. Doctor is there anything I've to worry about [about infertility, nerves damage, etc]. PLEASE don't advice me to go and take any tests as I can't sfford it. I'm still looking for jobs.

Awaiting your reply
XXXX
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 21 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your statement and I understand what you are going through.
Masturbation is a safe way of expressing ones own sexual desires and it doesnt have any sideeffect . The problem of applying rubber band over the base of the penis is that it causes impeded venous flow and that can damage the nerves. However even now if you are having proper erections and ejaculating well then there is surely no damage until now. You need not worry at this stage. However you should refrain yourself from using such techniques.
You dont need any tests and you should be fine. You may masturbate as you want and as per your sexual appetite and it will cause no harm to you if done normally.
Hope that helps
Dr. Srikanth

Follow-up: Masturbating. Used rubber band around the base of penis to make it pleasurable. Does it cause infertility? 1 hour later
Doctor, thanks for the quick reply. I won't use such bands anymore.

Can the past usage of such bands have any hidden implications to prevent me from fathering a kid [I never felt any pain or sore feeling around the groin]? I'm feeling the same exact sexual satisfaction and arousal as I had in my starting days of masturbation.
Can I marry with confidence?
Anything wrong in prolonged masturbation with occasional relaxations? Can I continue it?

Also, I got a long foreskin- will it pose any problem after I get married.

Note: There is no infertility complaints in my family. I'm perfectly healthy, no pain or sore feeling around anywhere, no smoking, no drinking, no sexual intercourse with girls.

Awaiting your reply

XXXX

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
No problem at all.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your details and what ever you have stated will not cause any problems to you. You can marry, have kids, be a father.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy