Massaging the cheekbones to integrate infant reflexes. Started pain in tooth. Any advice?

Hi there: I attended a session with Dr. Masgutova on Saturday, where she described a way to massage the cheekbones to help integrate infant reflexes. (This is her specialty.) Her instructions were to put a finger underneat the zygoma bones, and to press out and toward the ear laterally. It is now Friday and the bottom part of this area still hurts. It feels a bit like a low-leve tooth pain (in that it's a constant ache).

1. Is anything else located there that couldhave gotten hurt? Like a sinus?
2. Got any advice?

Posted Tue, 27 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
By pressing underneath the zygoma bones, you are not likely to hurt any important structures or sinuses. Sometimes an extreme tissue pressure can cause some soft tissue damage causing the pain. This is likely to subside on its own without any specific treatment in next 5-7 days. You can do a hot fomentation in the area to improve the blood circulation and reduce the pain.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.