Marks on thigh, appeared suddenly, not changed. Worried

About three weeks ago I noticed what looked like dirt on my left thigh. I rubbed at it but it didn't go away so I thought maybe the marks were bruises. They never changed color, they are all light brown and I have medium XXXXXXX skin. I'm beginning to worry because they have not changed but appeared out of the blue and do not seem to be fading. I don't know what could have caused them or why they appeared so suddenly.
Posted Thu, 13 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in to Heathcare Magic!
Very strange really!
The ash grey marks are really intriguing.
The first thing I would say, they are due to some chemical exposure.
Not necessarily applied on the skin but something may fall on cloths or may be in cloth itself and stain you when you use it and may go un-noticed as well.
If a chemical or drug exposure is the cause they will disappear in coming 15days time.
Another possibility is that they are birth marks and have been there forever, may be they were caumuflaged till now and you had some outdoor sun exposure and tanning recently and they have become noticeable.
If you have some record of earlier photographs you can make a search for them there.
If both my propositions do not work then you may visit a dermatologist for an opinion.
In any case please put a follow up.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!