Marijuana smoker, throat cancer developed?

Im 16 and i have been smoking marijuana everyday for 8 months. Could i have developed throat cancer by now or does it take a long time?
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query

Marijuana not only causes cancer in the long term but has various other effects on different body organs ranging from difficulty in breathing,Blood pressure changes,tremors,neurological effects,decreased memory,reduced blood flow and even testicular cancer.
It usually takes time for the symptoms of cancer to show up but it also depends on the amount of smoke inhaled.Once you start taking the drug the body becomes dependent on it so it is advisable to stop using it at such a young age otherwise you would have numerous uncurable side effects.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available for follow up query if any.