Many white spots and patches seen on legs. Suggest the treatment?

There are so many white spot and patches are seen on my Mom's legs and so many part of her skin.
Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 25 minutes later

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Dermatology, working with an experienced Dermatologist. I answer on his behalf.

I would like to know some more details on the problem your mother has like :

Since when did she notice the lesions?
Are the patches itchy?
How big is a patch?
Have you used any medication til now?
Are such lesions anywhere else on the body?

Waiting for your response,
Follow-up: Many white spots and patches seen on legs. Suggest the treatment? 21 minutes later
She noticed the lesions for last 2 months
Patches are not itchy
They are very small patches in a round shape.
No medication till now
Yes these lesions are found on her both legs and some are appearing on her both arms as well.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 17 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Considering the site and the appearance of the lesions I suspect them to be due to fungal infection.

I suggest her to apply antifungal like Micanozole ointment as in ZOLE F twice daily after thoroughly washing the affected area.

If there is no improvement with the ointment then you may have to get a skin biopsy to identify the exact diagnosis to place her on specific treatment.

Hope, I answered your query.