MRI showed small T2, flair hyperintense focus in right frontal priventricular location. What does this mean?

my Brain MRI impression states that i am having a small T2 and flair hyperintense focus inright frontal priventricular location, s/o chronic ischemic focus.what does it means? is it curable or not? how long i will live. i am 32 yest old now. sir i want to know that how much i will live with this ischemic problem. how can i reduce the effect of it. what changes in my eating/dieting habits needed now.
Posted Sun, 16 Dec 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later
First of all I want to tell you that, just relax it is not going to hurt you at all. MRI signal in your brain is too small and it is old (chronic )change. Affected areas function is already taken up by nearby brain areas. This is a very nonspecific finding in brain. There is no need of any treatment for that. You will live a long life similar to normal people. There is no change required in your eating habits, of course presuming you eat a healthy and balanced diet. Your complete blood investigations are absolutely within normal limits.
Dont think about this report, you are a perfectly normal, young person .Just enjoy your work and life.
Hope I have answered your query.
Thanking you.
Follow-up: MRI showed small T2, flair hyperintense focus in right frontal priventricular location. What does this mean? 16 hours later
Sir if I am ok than why I am still not hearing properly although now I am in stable condition.should I cross consult to another Dr.plz reply me soon.than why my MRI impressions. Stats about chronic Ischemic focus XXXXXXX

MRI changes may be due to a minimal injury to neurons during your lifetime - that's why there are changes in brain. But brain has unique capacity to take over function of other neuron and you are doing fine now.

Frontal lobe is related to personality and behaviour of person. Hearing centre is not located in frontal region; it is in post central gyrus part of parietal lobe which is situated posteriorly. Therefore the MRI changes have nothing to do with hearing.

You can consult a board certified ENT specialist and discuss the cause and the treatment of hearing issues.

Hope you have got your query answered. If you have other doubts I will be glad to clear them.