MRI report showed Mild Hepatomegaly with Grade II fatty changes. Can UdiLiv be taken to cure the disease?

I have diabetes from 6 years. Hi I have ultrasound report saying "Mild Hepatomegaly with Grade II fatty changes" and doctor prescibed UdiLiv 150 daily 2 two times. Is this right tablet to cure this disease.
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Fatty liver is a benign lesion. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Fatty liver is due to deposition of excess fat over the surface of the liver. It is a benign lesion of the of the liver. In the long run it may slowly damage the liver and cause cirrhosis and liver failure. There is no standard treatment for fatty liver. Instead we doctors work on the risk factors which contribute for this disease. If the person is obese than advice him to lose weight and exercise. Udiliv is a liver protective drugs. In my opinion there is nothing wrong in taking it. But it is not a standard protocol of treatment. It will not help in curing it. So my advice is you follow both lifestyle modification and Udiliv tablet. Hope the answer helps you. Let me know if there is any clarification. Regards.
Follow-up: MRI report showed Mild Hepatomegaly with Grade II fatty changes. Can UdiLiv be taken to cure the disease? 14 hours later
Thank you Sir. What is benign lesion. Is it cancer related? And in the diagnosis they have mentioned it is Grade II. Can u tell me how many grades are there and grade II means in which stage it is. I mean initial stage or serious stage? Please suggest a specialist doctor to meet in person for treatment in Hyderabad, India near XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Benign lesion means it is not XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Hello, Benign lesion means this condition is not XXXXXXX or life threatening. It is not related to cancer. There are four grades in fatty liver. You're in the initial stages. It is not serious. Sorry I may not be able to name a particular doctor in your city. But you need to consult a medical Gastroenterologist if you have symptoms. These specialist will be available in all multispeciality hospitals. Regards.